Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Is It Time for a Tune Up?

This past weekend, I had what I consider to be a milestone birthday...I won't tell you what milestone it was, but I can tell you it has been the cause of much reflection on my interior design business and myself personally.  This afternoon was a beautiful day here in Richmond, VA and I had the pleasure of letting my parent's adorable 7 month old miniature poodle puppy, Nicole (a.k.a. Nicki) out for her mid-day bathroom break.  After she "did her thing," I took a moment to sit her down on my lap and soak up the warm spring sun on our faces.  She took the opportunity to reflect on all of the new sounds she was hearing in the backyard - the rustle of leaves in the wind, the chirping of birds and the cackling of a few crows flying overhead.  Nicki was certainly taking it all in - processing which sounds she liked and which she didn't. 

While I was sitting there today, it occurred to me that we sometimes need to reflect - not only on ourselves - but on our homes and consider undergoing little "tune ups" that will make our lives a little easier, a little more comfortable or even a little more bright as we go about our busy day to day lives.  So, I challenge you to take a few moments, look around your house and determine which things you like and dislike and what "tune ups" you might make this spring.  Can Inspired Interiors help you accomplish those goals?  ABSOLUTELY!  Give me a ring or shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment