Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Showers...


Nicki-Noodle is hanging out with me here at the Inspired Interiors home office this afternoon as it sprinkles on and off here in Richmond, VA.  You know what they say about those April showers!  Nicki also enjoyed barking and greeting the nice FedEx delivery man who dropped off my client's Abbie Crystorama Chandelier a short while ago.  I love that my client decided to add a little touch of sparkle and femininity to her newly remodeled laundry room!

Anyway, I digress...the overcast weather and stormy skies around the area today have reminded me of all of the wonderful uses of gray seen in interior design.  Be it in FABRICS - often paired with warmer shades to keep a space from feeling too "cold" - or in PAINT COLORS.  I'm even seeing gray pop up in the increasingly popular washed and stained finishes on CASEGOODS.

Benjamin Moore's AF-685 Thunder, paired with yellow accents to warm things up!
Benjamin Moore's AF-700 Thunder graces the back of these bookcases, but doesn't look heavy or dark paired with the white doors and wainscoting. Also notice the reuse of the "thunder" color on the sofa upholstery and the use of both cool and warm accent colors.

The washed gray Wyatt Lamp Table from Lexington's Twilight Bay Collection.

And I love this entire bespoke "bachelor pad" filled with shades of gray such as: "pearl, dove, pinstripe, oyster, fox, seafoam, mist, moonlight, pebble, mushroom, taupe, smoke, cloud, steel, platinum, ash, pumice, slate and, of course, silver."  This flat was designed by Geoffrey Bradfield and was featured in the September 2008 issue of Architectural Digest.


Thanks for reading; I better go and rescue my natural woven shade sample from the grips of Nicole's puppy teeth!  She does love finding things that interest her in my office...

No comments:

Post a Comment