Tuesday, September 21, 2010

W-hooo's That?

Every now and again, I love to pop down to Colonial Williamsburg to visit a few of my favorite shops in the large outlet center. During a quick visit on Sunday afternoon, I spotted this adorable handbag at the Kate Spade store. It was all I could do to resist taking this unique owl bag home with me! I love the attention to detail: the eyes were several layers of leather stacked up to provide some dimension; the feathers on its breast were cut out pieces of suede that were tacked only on the top so tht the bottom was free to move; there is even a chain running from the one eye down into the feathers - like the owl is wearing spectacles. How classic and unique? It just goes to show that good design inspiration can be found anywhere! Can you imagine this little owl on a pillow on a sofa? What a fabulous fall accessory that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment