Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mellow Yellow with Grey


(Photos from Calico Corners Website)

I have always loved these colors together; in fact, I'm using them together in a bathroom that I'm remodeling for a client in Pittsburgh. I'll post pictures once it all comes together! In the meantime, enjoy this insight from Calico Corners.

"The chic neutrality of graphite gray is a perfect complement to soft yellows and golds. We love the mix of fabric prints and jacquard wovens that can marry to create a handsome, easy-to-love color scheme for any room in your home. Candlelight yellows and platinum greys create harmony and can be styled up with silvery accents or made more casual with washed woods and textures."
One last food for thought: Silvery accents, huh? Makes me think of the holidays; wouldn't these be interesting colors to use for a winter tablescape or mantle decor?



No comments:

Post a Comment